Utilizing the Lord's Love
United in Mission with Christ.
Come see what’s happening at Stull UM Church......
where Lawrence and Topeka meet!
Coffee and Fellowship at 9:45am
Sunday School at 10am for all ages.
Worship Service at 11am
THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO OFFICE HOURS FOR THE PASTOR.
FOR ALL NEEDS, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR MESSAGE ON THE
ANSWERING MACHINE at 785-887-6521; OR
E-MAIL PASTOR MARSHALL, PastorMarshall.Larson@gmail.com.
September 30, 2020
Dear Stull UMC Family,
We hope this finds you & your family healthy, safe, and remaining positive during these uncertain times. One thing we can be certain of is our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ will be with us always no matter the circumstances.
In October, Pastor Marshall will be digging into Psalms. Here is his scripture reading schedule:
October 4: Psalm 80:7-15 October 11: Psalm 23 October 18: Psalm 96:1-9 (10-13); October 25: Psalm 1
Join us live for Sunday Service at Church in the Faith & Friendship Building or live streaming on Facebook with Pastor Marshall. He will be leading us with prayer, joys, concerns, announcements and a faith message.
Any prayer requests, joys, concerns, and announcements can be sent to Pastor Marshall ahead of the live events and he will share. Please send to PastorMarshall.Larson@gmail.com. Please note that these will be shared via live social media.
Here are our guidelines for worshiping in the Faith & Friendship Center:
· Assess your health and the health of your family members and please stay at home if you or one of your family members are showing signs or symptoms of any illness or until the current situation improves and you feel safe worshiping in a larger environment with others.
· Please observe social distancing guidelines and do not shake hands or hug one another. Please use non-contact greetings with each other.
· There will be limited access to buildings with doors marked for entrance/exit.
· We ask that you wear a face mask upon entering the building. We will have masks for you if you do not have access to one or forget to bring yours with you.
· Hand sanitizer will be available upon entry and exit of the facilities.
· Offering plates will be located at the back table of the Faith & Friendship Center and will not be passed.
· We will have bulletins for worship services for you to pick-up as you enter. We will not be using hymnals but will have lyrics available.
· Our pastor & anyone speaking on the stage area will not wear a mask but will when departing from the stage area.
· The building facilities and equipment will be thoroughly disinfected after each service.
· Church small groups may begin meeting again. We ask that you disinfect the area utilized upon departing. Disinfectant with instructions and antibacterial wipes can be found in the bathrooms and the kitchen of both the FFC and church buildings.
GRAB & GO COMMUNITY MEAL NIGHT
October 20, 5-7 PM
We LOVE our community. Stull UMC will be hosting our October Meal night as a Grab and Go Dinner - Drive thru only. When you enter our parking lot we will need to know how many meals you need and meals will be delivered to your car.
Menu will be meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, vegetable, roll & surprise dessert.
There will be a donation bucket out, but this is our gift to the community just because WE LOVE YOU! Donations help support our community ministries. Thank you!
We will serve until we run out of food or closing time.
FOOD PANTRY &
October 1st & 15th
Harvesters Rural Mobile
will be held as usual on THURSDAY OCTOBER 22
from Noon - 1PM
in the church parking lot
OUR FOOD PANTRY IS STILL OPERATING!!
Our food pantry team decided we need to offer a Hand Up to those needing assistance during this time of uncertainty. Our normal operating procedure is to allow clients to only visit our pantry/closet once per month, however we are going to allow families to visit us both times we are open (1st and 3rd Thursday evenings from 7-8:30 pm). We will continue to re-evaluate our resources financially and take inventory of products. We are still following our protocol to keep clients and volunteers healthy and at a social distance.
Questions, email or leave phone message at 785-887-6521.
FOOD PANTRY &
We will be sanitizing our facility prior to the opening of the Food Pantry.
We will also be making the following changes:
1. Only one number will be allowed into the pantry to shop at a time & only one family member per family will be permitted to enter.
2. We will not be allowing the use of re-usable bags & our volunteers will bag your items for you.
3. The one family member entering to shop will be required to watch their hands in our hand washing sink prior to shopping.
4. We will NOT being allowing anyone in to use the restrooms in our facility at any time. We have plenty of food & there is no need to come & sit in the parking lot for hours.
5. We ask that if you are not feeling well and have any symptoms of illness, do NOT visit our facility until you are feeling better.
6. Be be kind, have patience & extend grace to everyone whom you encounter!
7. Pray & wash your hands thoroughly!
If you have questions, please direct message us or call the church 887-6521 & leave a message.
TRUNK OR TREAT
Come join us for great fellowship and fun for all ages. Everyone dresses up for the event. Trunk or Treating is for infant through 6th grade. All are welcome.
Every car trunk is filled with delicious treats and sometimes fun tricks. Come and enjoy the afternoon event!!
This event is designed to be fun and not scary. We will be following all CDC guidelines, including mandatory masks and social distancing.
COMMUNITY PANCAKE BREAKFAST
NOVEMBER 14, 7:30-9:30 AM
We will be hosting a Community Breakfast complete with pancakes, sausage, orange juice & coffee in our Faith & Friendship Center. We would ask that you wear your mask when entering the building through the south door. We will have socially distanced tables & will allow a maximum of 30 diners at one time. Carryout will also be available. Join us for some community fellowship!
Our service is a blend of both traditional hymns,
contemporary praise choruses, and a sermon message.
The service lasts around an hour.
A children’s sermon and sharing of church family joys and
concerns are also incorporated into our worship service.
Communion is served one Sunday a month and all are welcome at God’s table.
WELCOMING YOU HOME
If you are unable to join us for worship,
we have podcasts of our sermons
available by clicking on the link under
the "MORE" tab at the top of this page.
There is not in the world a kind of life more sweet and delightful than that of continual conversation with God.
You can talk to God any time you want.
FOOD INSECURE MINISTRIES
We have a food pantry that is open on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month from 7-8:30pm in the church basement. The Closet is also open with gently used clothing for infants thru young adults. The food pantry and the Closet can be utilized only one time per month per family. No proof of income is needed. Must show identification with current address printed on it.
We are also a Harvesters rural mobile food pantry site on the fourth Thursdays of each month from 12-1pm in the church parking lot.
COMMUNITY MEAL NIGHTS
The 3rd Tuesday from 5-7pm in the Faith and Friendship Center we host community meal nights. The menu changes each month and always includes our amazing homemade desserts. Dine-in and carry-out options are available. Donations are accepted for local church mission and ministry projects.