Utilizing the Lord's Love
United in Mission with Christ.
Come see what’s happening at Stull UM Church......
where Lawrence and Topeka meet!
Coffee and Fellowship at 9:45am
Sunday School at 10am for all ages.
Worship Service at 11am
THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO OFFICE HOURS FOR THE PASTOR.
FOR ALL NEEDS, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR MESSAGE ON THE
ANSWERING MACHINE at 785-887-6521; OR
E-MAIL PASTOR MARSHALL, PastorMarshall.Larson@gmail.com.
July 13, 2020
Dear Stull UMC Family,
We hope this letter finds you and your family healthy, safe, and remaining positive during these uncertain times. One thing we can be certain of is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be with us always no matter the circumstances and that church has left only the building the past few months.
The Trustees, Administrative Council and Pastor Marshall have been working carefully to make our church campus a safe and welcoming place for all who want to attend in-person worship as well as making worship accessible to those who would prefer to participate in worship from home via live-stream on Facebook.
We will resume in-person services this Sunday, July 19th. Services will resume in the Faith and Fellowship Center for enhanced social distancing. We want to be sure to keep everyone safe as possible and will be asking everyone to adhere to the following guidelines:
· Assess your health and the health of your family members and please stay at home if you or one of your family members are showing signs or symptoms of any illness or until the current situation improves and you feel safe worshiping in a larger environment with others.
· Please observe social distancing guidelines and do not shake hands or hug one another. Please use non-contact greetings with each other.
· There will be limited access to buildings with doors marked for entrance/exit.
· We ask that you wear a face mask upon entering the building. We will have masks for you if you do not have access to one or forget to bring yours with you.
· Hand sanitizer will be available upon entry and exit of the facilities.
· Offering plates will be located at aisle entrances and will not be passed.
· We will have bulletins for worship services for you to pick-up as you enter.
· Our pastor & anyone speaking on the stage area will not wear a mask but will when departing from the stage area.
· The building facilities and equipment will be thoroughly disinfected after each service.
· Church small groups may begin meeting again. We ask that you disinfect the area utilized upon departing. Disinfectant with instructions and antibacterial wipes can be found in the bathrooms and the kitchen of both the FFC and church buildings.
We will continue to stream Facebook live worship for those worshiping at home. We ask for continued patience as we work through technology challenges. We hope you will continue to worship with us in the way that your family finds the most comfortable for now.
Yours in Christ,
Stull UMC Trustees
Stull UMC Administrative Team
Philippians 4:6 reminds us, “do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Please be in prayer for our community, those who have been affected, and our national and international leaders as they lead during this challenging time. Finally, remember God never wastes sickness, challenge or suffering but uses them to advance the gospel in the lives of priceless, eternal people. Rather than fear, live by faith and make use of all the opportunities to serve in the name of Jesus if this challenge surfaces in your connections with people around you.
THERE WILL BE NO COMMUNITY MEAL NIGHT
FOOD PANTRY &
July 2 & 16
Part-Time Music Ministry
Paid Internship Position
This will begin as a 7-month position with the opportunity to expand into a permanent position. Tentative start date is September 1, 2020.
Click HERE for job description.
Click HERE for application form
BACK TO SCHOOL EVENT
Saturday, August 8
Registration has started for our Back to School event. E-mail us at ; or leave a message at 785-887-6521 to receive a form. YOU MUST REGISTER.
We will then do the shopping for your school-aged child to purchase a new outfit complete with underwear, socks, shoes, pants, shorts & shirt along with a backpack full of school supplies. You should plan to pick up the items on Saturday, August 8 between 9AM & 11AM.
No community meal in July. Stay tuned for details on our August meal!
Harvesters Rural Mobile
will be held as usual on THURSDAY JULY 23
from Noon - 1PM
in the church parking lot
FAMILY FALL FESTIVAL
Save the Date!
Stay tuned for details!
OUR FOOD PANTRY IS STILL OPERATING!!
Our food pantry team decided we need to offer a Hand Up to those needing assistance during this time of uncertainty. Our normal operating procedure is to allow clients to only visit our pantry/closet once per month, however we are going to allow families to visit us both times we are open (1st and 3rd Thursday evenings from 7-8:30 pm). We will continue to re-evaluate our resources financially and take inventory of products. We are still following our protocol to keep clients and volunteers healthy and at a social distance.
Questions, email or leave phone message at 785-887-6521.
FOOD PANTRY &
We will be sanitizing our facility prior to the opening of the Food Pantry.
We will also be making the following changes:
1. Only one number will be allowed into the pantry to shop at a time & only one family member per family will be permitted to enter.
2. We will not be allowing the use of re-usable bags & our volunteers will bag your items for you.
3. The one family member entering to shop will be required to watch their hands in our hand washing sink prior to shopping.
4. We will NOT being allowing anyone in to use the restrooms in our facility at any time. We have plenty of food & there is no need to come & sit in the parking lot for hours.
5. We ask that if you are not feeling well and have any symptoms of illness, do NOT visit our facility until you are feeling better.
6. Be be kind, have patience & extend grace to everyone whom you encounter!
7. Pray & wash your hands thoroughly!
If you have questions, please direct message us or call the church 887-6521 & leave a message.
WELCOMING YOU HOME
If you are unable to join us for worship,
we have podcasts of our sermons
available by clicking on the link under
the "MORE" tab at the top of this page.
There is not in the world a kind of life more sweet and delightful than that of continual conversation with God.
You can talk to God any time you want.
Our service is a blend of both traditional hymns,
contemporary praise choruses, and a sermon message.
The service lasts around an hour.
A children’s sermon and sharing of church family joys and
concerns are also incorporated into our worship service.
Communion is served one Sunday a month and all are welcome at God’s table.
FOOD INSECURE MINISTRIES
We have a food pantry that is open on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month from 7-8:30pm in the church basement. The Closet is also open with gently used clothing for infants thru young adults. The food pantry and the Closet can be utilized only one time per month per family. No proof of income is needed. Must show identification with current address printed on it.
We are also a Harvesters rural mobile food pantry site on the fourth Thursdays of each month from 12-1pm in the church parking lot.
COMMUNITY MEAL NIGHTS
The 3rd Tuesday from 5-7pm in the Faith and Friendship Center we host community meal nights. The menu changes each month and always includes our amazing homemade desserts. Dine-in and carry-out options are available. Donations are accepted for local church mission and ministry projects.